Tuesday, March 27, 2007

the meat man's story

Guy knocks on the door one lazy afternoon. I open it.

Guy: You the man of the house?
Me: Uhh..sure.
Guy: You like meat?
Me: Yea, I suppose I do.
Guy: Wait here.

Guy goes to his truck to fetch something...I look at Jay a bit confused. Guy comes back with a huge box and steps inside (without me asking him to). Opens box and places dozens of packages of vacuum sealed meat all over the floor...new york strip steak, fillets, bacon-wrapped fillets, etc.

Guy: I'm gonna sell you all of this at cost...the whole thing for $139.
Us: Sounds like a deal, but we don't really have $139.

After a bit of pressing...

Guy: Alright, the best I can offer you is one package of bacon-wraps...how about 30 bucks?

We look at each other.

Us: Well...alright.
Guy: Alright man. You guys college students?
Us: Yea, we go to Grove City College
Guy: Ah, ok. You guys do pills right? I got some vicodin 7.5's in the truck I'll sell you for $4 a piece.

(silence)

Guy: You guys smoke weed right? All I got's a joint but I'll sell you that too.

Silence. Jay goes to write a check for the one package of meat. Stops.

Jay: Can I just pay you cash? (good idea)
Guy: Yea man, whatever you want.

Pay the guy.

Guy: You sure you don't want any pills. Man, I was scared earlier...I got pulled over this morning and I had 'em in my pocket...I was all shakin' thinkin' the cop was gonna find them but he didn't. So after that I hid them in the meat. Listen, $3 a piece is the best I can do...
Us: Nah, man, that's ok.
Guy: Alright, well you guys have a good one.

Guy leaves...silence...did that really happen?

1 Comments:

At 4:15 PM, Blogger AE said...

the same thing happened to me

 

Post a Comment

<< Home